Talking about sexual illness is still an issue of hesitation or shyness among many people. They feel that it is happening only to them. But they are ignoring the fact that it is an illness and it can happen to anyone and they need to get some knowledge and treatment regarding the same. Such health issues need to be taken care of and should be immediately consulted with the doctor.
One such common sexual disorder is erectile dysfunction which is very commonly found among men. And now it has spread its root all over the world. There is nothing to worry about as this problem is treatable if detected at the right time. Avanafil, Tadalafil, Vardenafil, and Sildenafil citrate are some of the medicines that are used in their treatment process.
What is erectile dysfunction?
Many men are unable to get into a sexual relationship because they can’t sustain a long erection which is an important part of a pleasurable sexual experience. Such issues of not performing well in bed due to a non-erect penis and the incapability of men to hold an erection are called erectile dysfunction.
The problem of erectile dysfunction arises when there is insufficient blood flow in the penile region due to which the penis does get erect but cannot remain in that position for a longer time. Due to this men cannot engage in long sexual procedures.
How can you be sure that it is ED?
Sometimes it happens that man feels the inability to perform well due to stress, tension, or some other health issue. But if this inability happens many times then it is high time that you should consult a good doctor. Here is a list of some symptoms that you should check if you feel that you are having ED.
- Premature ejaculation
- Loss of sexual interest
- Inability to get an orgasm
If these symptoms last for more than 2 months then you are suffering from erectile dysfunction. You are more susceptible to ED if you are an ED patient.
What causes erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is not only causing harm to your sexual life but it is also a signal towards your underlying health issue. It may be something serious that needs immediate treatment.
- Physical causes
- Obesity can lead to low blood flow
- Age above 50 years
- High blood sugar level
- Smoking and alcohol
- Brain signals that cannot reach the penis
- Injury in the nerves
- Radiation therapy and prostate cancer surgery
- Other disease medicine affecting the penis
- Emotional causes
- Work or home stress
- Worrying about good sexual performance
- Relationship conflicts
How it is cured?
Medical science has found a cure for erectile dysfunction in the form of medicine, surgeries, and by making lifestyle changes. Some of the oral drugs that can be used in the treatment are:
- Sildenafil citrate
Methods other than medicine are:
- Vacuum erection devices
- Penile implants
- Surgery to bypass penile artery damage
- Intra urethral medication
- Testosterone therapy
How do Sildenafil citrate, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil work?
All the commonly and majorly used salts like Sildenafil citrate, Tadalafil and Vardenafil are PDE 5 inhibitors that inhibit phosphodiesterase enzyme in the muscle tissue of the penis. Relaxation in muscles allows an increase in blood flow which makes the penis more erect and hard. As the drugs containing these salts are highly reactive so you need to take them 30 minutes before getting intimate.
Note this point that these salts do not increase or decrease your sex drive, it is only used in lowering the effect of erectile dysfunction. Dosage and strength are decided by doctors.
Other methods of curing ED
- Walking: Walking improves your overall functioning of the body and studies have proved that 30 to 40 minutes of daily walking can help you in decreasing the risk of ED by 41%.
- Healthy diet: A healthy diet is important for a healthy body and mind. Add natural food to your diet that includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish. Avoid having high-fat food.
- Get in shape: A fat and obese body is more likely to attract disease compared to a fit and healthy body. So get in shape before ED touches you. And even if you are suffering from them also one hour of exercise can reverse the effect.
- Regularly monitor your vascular health: Your vascular health is affected by high blood sugar levels, high blood pressure, high triglycerides, and high cholesterol levels in the body as they are responsible for damaging the arteries of the brain and heart that leads to the penile region.
- Take high-quality sleep: Good and healthy sleep is important for a healthy and happy body. When you take a good sleep your mind is relaxed and you perform well.
If your symptoms are lasting longer than a month then immediately consult a urologist for immediate recovery. Do follow all the instructions and procedures told by the doctor.